Who We Serve
Brain Injury Rights Group, LTD (BIRG) provides legal representation and in-depth advocacy nationwide to families with persons with disabilities from birth through school age and beyond.
Our clients have come to trust BIRG as a reliable source for advice on their legal rights, negotiating on their behalf, and representing them to obtain the appropriate services to support their development, succeed in school, and maximize their fullest potential.
Special Education Law
The Brain Injury Rights Group, LTD (BIRG) assists families with children with special needs in all matters of special education law that arise under the Federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to help ensure that those students receive a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
Brain Injury Rights Group, LTD attorneys advocate and counsel clients on issues such as:
• Compensatory Services to Make-Up for Services that were Denied or were not Appropriate
• Filing “Due Process Complaints” (DPC)
• Funding and/or Reimbursement for Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
• Funding and/or Reimbursement for Related Services (including home services)
• Litigating on behalf of families in Impartial Hearings and before federal, state and local administrative agencies and courts
• Reviewing Evaluations and Related Documentation
• Tuition Funding and/or Reimbursement
• View All Services